In honour of Fathers Day, I have put together 7 intimate messages from Women who have words they would like their Fathers to know. For me, I’ve had the blessing of having both my parents in my life so Fathers Day is just as important as celebrating my Mother. My Mum would be furious with my fondness for my Dad, even til this very day! I don’t know what makes me a Daddy’s Girl, but I am!
These messages capture different circumstances, culture and family dynamic and no matter how old a woman is, a Fathers love is still important.
– I want my daddy to know that I know that he’s working hard everyday to make sure that I have everything I need in life. I appreciate you
– I want you to know that even though you and mum couldn’t stay together, it doesn’t mean you don’t love me and whatever transpires between you and mum doesn’t reflect negatively on the love you have for me.
– I want you to know that you set the standard on how I accept love. Thanks to you, I know how amazing it is to be loved by a man but I don’t need to be loved by a man to feel fulfilled as long as i knew that you loved me like no other. Thank you
– I want you to know that your nonchalant demeanour and plain-speaking ways is one of the things I love about myself – Thanks Papa
– Thanks for the forehead dad!
– It use to embarrass the shit out of me when you would threaten the boys I was dating; in retrospect, I think it’s cute.
Dear Dad, thank you for keeping me protected and giving me the closest to unconditional love that a Human Being can.
Comment below and let me know how to plan to spend your Fathers Day.